SoCal beaches rock! Did your fave make our list?
With locations from Orange County to San Diego, and a passion for all things Sun, we put our heads together and came up with our six fave beaches from here all the way up to Los Angeles! It wasn’t easy narrowing the list down to six, because seriously, we love ALL of the beaches. But we only have so much space. And you only have so much time. So here it is! The big six.
iTAN’s list of SoCal’s best beaches:
- Relax: El Matador State Beach, Malibu | Wander through caves, try not to stumble into a bikini photoshoot, or just set up your towel and lounge. This pristine beach is nestled within a state park!
- Adventure: Venice Beach, Los Angeles | There’s a white-sand beach here too, but the real action is to be found on the legendary boardwalk, or wandering the haute cool Abbot Kinney Boulevard! (Seriously, GQ voted it “coolest block in America.”) Stay the night, it only gets more fun after sunset.
- Relax: Pearl Street Beach, Laguna | This local’s favorite is a little harder to find, but way worth it. You’ll feel like you’ve escaped to the islands!
- Adventure: Crystal Cove State Park, Newport | 3.2 miles of beach, 2,400 acres of backcountry wilderness, 15 miles of trails! Get lost for the day.
- Relax: Coronado Dog Run Beach, San Diego | Coronado is always making lists of not just SoCal’s, but of the world’s best beaches! We love love love bringing our puppies to enjoy its dog-friendly beach—off leash!
- Adventure: Flat Rock Beach, La Jolla (Torrey Pines) | You’ve got to work to find this one, and we adore it even more for that. Enjoy a hike through breathtaking Torrey Pines State Park, kick off your shoes, and cool off with a jump in the ocean. #BestDayEver