What’s more SoCal than outdoor yoga!?
Yoga is proven awesome for both body and mind, and though it’s been around for thousands of years, it’s hotter than ever! Like Madonna, Miley Cyrus, and mom jeans, this 2017 Top Fitness Trend just keeps reinventing itself. Bliss out with relaxing yin yoga, #doWerk with flow lift, or if you’re lucky enough to be in San Diego… take your practice outdoors!
San Diego Outdoor Yoga:
Studios with Outdoor Space
La Jolla wins the day for studios that offer onsite, outdoor classes!
- Check out beachside Riffs Studio in Bird Rock for serene outdoor yoga with live music and an ocean breeze. Or as the studio likes to say, “Bali in your backyard!”
- Head to La Jolla Cove for rooftop aerial yoga with an ocean view at Trilogy Sanctuary. (I mean, if you have the opportunity to do flying yoga, in the sunshine, overlooking the Pacific, how do you even say no?) Grab a yummy snack or smoothie at Trilogy’s organic, vegan café.
Yoga on the Beach
Many San Diego yoga studios and yogis offer classes (many free or donation-based!) on our beautiful beaches. Meetup.com is a great place to find beach and other outdoor yoga classes in your neighborhood, and we’ve also collected some of our favorites below:
- Sunset Cliffs and Mission Beach: Don’t miss Yoga with Shawna’s donation-based classes on the gorgeous Sunset Cliffs and on the sand at Mission Beach. This legendary yogi is founder of the San Diego Yoga Festival!
- Pacific Beach: Birdrock Yoga offers donation-based classes at Law Street Beach several times a week, as well as special classes like “Full Moon Yoga.” Check their online schedule for this week’s offerings!
- Coronado: Head to one of San Diego’s best beaches for a Friday morning flow! Check the instructor’s Facebook page for details.
- Ocean Beach: Hit the sand every Saturday and Sunday morning with San Diego Beach Yoga. Classes meet at Tower 5!