It’s not too late for a special Mother’s Day!
So… Mother’s Day is on Sunday and you didn’t forget so much as… you like to live in the moment! Of course. Not to worry, we’ve compiled an awesome list of last-minute Mother’s Day ideas to make this holiday one to remember. Restaurants may be all booked up, but that’s a perfect excuse to think outside the brunch.
Last-minute Mother’s Day ideas
Go for a mini road trip:
Nothing says bonding like a little adventure! You. Mom. The open road. We are so fortunate here in SoCal to have so many cool day-trip destinations just hours away. Like these hot springs!
Rescue an animal:
Of course, you’ll always be the baby. But… it’s also kitten and puppy season. Whether for you or for Mom, picking out a new furry friend is something you will remember forever.
Take a hike:
Get lost for the day! May is the perfect time to explore one of San Diego’s best trails. From leisure to major workout, SoCal has hiking options for everyone. (Tip: Don’t bring your phone, just Mom’s for emergencies. Now that’s committing to the holiday!)
Check out a local event:
San Diego has some amazing Mother’s Day events happening! Some of our favorites:
- Mother’s Day at the Carlsbad Flower Fields: Live music, gorgeous flowers, and build your own bouquets for just $5.
- Coronado Historic Home Tour: Is Mom an architecture or history buff? Nerd out in beautiful Coronado!
- Mother’s Day Flower Show: Head to Balboa Park to see some truly extraordinary flowers—this year’s theme is, “Out of This World.”
- While in Balboa Park, don’t miss the Balboa Park Pow Wow, for possibly the most one-of-a-kind Mother’s Day ever.
- Spring Flower Hike: This one wins for us because it combines the mini road trip, the hike, AND the local event! Also, it’s in Julian, so…. PIE.
Whatever you decide to do for Mom, it’s the thought that counts.