So you’ve decided to enhance your indoor world with some aromatherapy.
And umm, now you’re looking for THE scent. And that has led to smelling oh, 34 candles and six incense sticks (just why did you even), and now you’re nauseous and weirded out by the creepy guy in the incense section steady hovering way too close. #thestruggleisreal
You leave having bought yourself no aromatherapy presents and go console yourself with a latte, then go home to your same-old-smelling place. We have so all been there!
We’re going to fix this for you right here. Below find a handy guide to decoding aromatherapy. Set yourself up for success before you brave the candle section; or better yet, check our next blog to learn how to make them yourself!
Behold the benefits and characteristics of some common aromatherapy scents.
(Many of which you’ll find in iTAN’s spa products!)
- Eucalyptus: Bring purity to your space.
- Scent: Crisp, herby, slightly medicinal.
- Ginger: Stimulate the senses.
- Scent: Spicy, warming.
- Lavender: Bliss out. (Bonus: Combine with vanilla!)
- Scent: Mild, sweet, herbal.
- Rose: Sexy time.
- Scent: Deliciously floral.
- Citrus: Energize and encourage happy vibes!
- Scent: Fresh-squeezed and effervescent.
- Peppermint: Get smarter! Errrr, pep up your brain. Get it? (Sorry.)
- Scent: Powerful and refreshing.
- Rosemary: Perfect in the kitchen; and thought to stimulate memory.
- Bold, woodsy, green.
- Cinnamon: Warm up and chill out.
- Scent: Hot and spicy.
Don’t forget to check back for our next blog post, to learn how to make your own essential oils and candles!