Kale, you will always have a place in our hearts!
Seaweed is more than just the squishy stuff you try not to step on at the beach. (SoCal problems, right!?) Seaweed is stealing the green superfood spotlight from kale. And it shows no signs of slowing on its path to total wellness trend domination. This is serious stuff. Let’s learn more about this hot healthy green!
- Rich in calcium, iron, iodine, potassium, vitamin-A, vitamin-C, fiber, zinc, and magnesium (Yes, ALL of those things!)
- Easier on the digestive system than cruciferous veggies like kale. (Sorry kale.)
You can enjoy the many varieties of seaweed raw, baked, hot, or cold. It is truly a wonder green!
Easy, popular ways to add seaweed to your diet include:
- Kelp: Just rinse and add raw kelp noodles to your favorite salad, stir fry, or bowl!
- Dulse: (Rhymes with pulse. You’re welcome.) Crunch up this dried seaweed and sprinkle it on salad or popcorn, or enjoy in strips as a super healthy snack alternative!
- Kombu: Amazing as a flavor enhancer in almost any dish, with natural enzymes to aid in digestion. Add it to your go-to spice collection.
- Wakame: What you find in traditional seaweed salads at your fave sushi spot. Make your own at home with this easy wakame salad recipe from Mind Body Green!
- Nori: So this is what your sushi is wrapped in! Also makes for yummy snacking. Make your own sesame garlic nori chips with this recipe from Pop Sugar!
Seaweed, Valentine’s Day is way over; but we’re in love.