Haven’t booked a spring break flight yet? No problem! The hardest part of planning your spring break is figuring out what to do, what to see and where to go. The good news is that while living in SoCal, you don’t have to travel far to experience spring break adventure.
We rounded up our SoCal Adventure Bucket List 2017: Spring Break Edition to help you get started. Here are our top 5 picks:
1. Skydiving: Take the leap for a SoCal view you have never seen before. Skydiving is available in Jamul, 25 minutes south of Downtown San Diego, Oceanside and Temecula for an Instagram-worthy spring break adventure. After a quick training session, you and your friends can all ride the same plane up to 13,000 feet and take a leap while harnessed to a licensed instructor. No previous experience is required!
2. Zipline: California’s longest zipline is in your very own backyard! The La Jolla Zip Zoom, located in the La Jolla Indian Reservation, is perfect for a weekend getaway or day trip from anywhere in SoCal. Take your GoPro for stunning views of Palomar Mountain, Pauma Valley and the La Jolla Indian Reservation at speeds of 55 miles per hour through four different courses, ranging from 300 feet to over 2700 feet in length.
3. Jet Ski: Most of you have been over the Coronado Bridge, but have you been under? Jet skiing in the San Diego Bay is easily accessible, and you don’t need a special motorist license. Most jet ski companies are located in the Point Loma/Shelter Island docks, making it possible to crank your jet ski up to 50 mph while waving hello to bayside diners at C Level, riding up to the USS Midway, taking in the San Diego skyline and making a u-turn under the Coronado Bridge in less than an hour.
4. Snorkel with Sharks: Stop by and say hello to the friendliest sharks you’ll ever meet. During spring and summer on the south end of the La Jolla Shores near the La Jolla Tennis Club, it’s easy to spot hundreds of leopard sharks in less than five feet of water. Just bring your own snorkel gear or rent some from the local shops.
5. Hang Gliding/Paragliding: Spring break flight school, here you come! Anyone can fly at the Torrey Pines Gliderport. The gliderport is available everyday so you can enjoy either tandem paragliding or tandem hang gliding from the cliffs of Torrey Pines.