No work on Monday? Road trip!
We are so lucky to be here in SoCal, right in the middle of some truly amazing natural and man-made wonders. Sail to an island escape (okay, that one is actually a boat trip). Head east to a desert hot spring. Or, gather your girls for some only-in-LA glam. So many options, one awesome 3-day weekend ahead. It’s not too late to make your plans for something truly memorable!
iTAN’s favorite SoCal Memorial Day weekend getaways:
Take the ferry from Dana Point or Newport beach to this gorgeous island—it’s at least half nature preserve! Whether looking for a romantic getaway or a quick escape from it all with your BFFs, Catalina Island is perfect. Hike, scuba dive, or just enjoy doing absolutely nothing on the beautiful beach.
Joshua Tree National Park
Get lost in nature with a couple of nights under Joshua Tree’s legendary starry skies! About four hours’ drive time from San Diego, a camping trip in Joshua Tree is a perfect way to say “see-ya-later” if Memorial Day partying is not for you, and return with some great tales from the .
Did you know SoCal is home to some incredible natural hot springs? We’ve listed the best-of-the-best here, and picked our top two for you below:
Rustic: Agua Caliente Hot Springs
- Location: Anza Borrego Desert, Julian, CA.
- Drive time from downtown San Diego: 2 hours.
- Accommodations: Campsite, or rent an adorable cabin.
- Don’t miss: Soothing mineral pools and hiking trails with the best San Diego views.
Super-Luxe: El Morocco Inn
- Location: Desert Hot Springs, CA.
- Drive time from downtown San Diego: 2.5 hours.
- Accommodations: Casablanca-inspired luxury inn onsite.
- Don’t miss: The Moroccan Mystical Ritual spa treatment.
Avalon Memorial Day Weekend Bash
Head to Hollywood for what’s being billed as “Southern California’s Biggest Collegiate Summer Kickoff.” 2000 attendees expected. Book a swanky hotel and make an LA weekend out of it! This is exactly what your Instagram needs.