Cute workout hair is totally possible…
And you don’t even have to try that hard! Ditch the baseball cap and kick your ponytail up a notch with the easy workout hairstyles below. These 2-minute hair ideas are sweat-proof confidence boosters that will help you get ready to crush that tough workout.
Hot Workout Hairstyles
If your hair is medium to long, try:
- The braided ponytail: Pull hair into a high ponytail, secure with hair elastic, braid, secure with another elastic. Done! (For extra chic: leave one piece of hair free from your braid. Wrap around elastic and pin beneath braid to conceal the elastic.)
- The braided bun: Pull hair into high or low ponytail, secure with elastic. Braid, and twist into a bun. Secure with bobby pins.
- The low ballet bun: First do a deep side part, then pull hair into a knot at nape of neck. Twist into a messy bun and secure with bobby pins or elastic.
- Pigtail braids: Part hair at center and secure two pigtails. Braid and secure ends with elastics. OR wrap braids around base of your head, and tuck ends! So pretty and completely out of your way. If you have skills, try French braids!
For sexy short workout hairstyles, try:
- The half pony: If all of your hair just is not making it into the ponytail, don’t sweat it! Abandon the mountain of bobby pins for a super-cute half ponytail, or half topknot.
- Two topknot buns: Instead of one high topknot, do a center part and try two! Secure with elastics.
- Pigtail buns: Part hair at center and secure two messy buns just behind your ears.
If you have bangs:
You know all too well, breaking a sweat and bangs do not mix. There is life beyond your headband and 3,000 bobby pins! Try:
- Braiding your bangs into one of the hairstyles outlined above. Boho-chic at the gym!
- Two skinny headbands instead of one! This eliminates the hot mess of bang-ends sticking out in all directions.
- A double-knot bandana. Somewhere between hard-core and Americana, your bangs are covered and you look adorbs.
Gym hair? What gym hair?