Are your toes Spring Break ready?
No one knows that beneath those cute boots you’ve been rocking, you haven’t had a pedicure since… umm, when was your last pedicure? No worries! Start prepping your toes now with a homemade foot scrub, for all those sexy sandals you’ll be rocking on Spring Break in a couple weeks.
Easy Homemade Foot Scrubs
Foot Scrub #1: The Sugar Cookie
It actually smells like a SUGAR COOKIE, and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen! A simple sugar scrub awesome for getting rid of rough patches on your heels… and it’s great for elbows and knees too. Make extra and keep it in your shower.
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil (virgin, unrefined)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Combine foot scrub ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer to airtight, shower-friendly container.
- Hint: Use scrub at the end of your shower, when skin is softer.
Foot Scrub #2: The Strawberry Love
Strawberries are chock-full of skin beautifying antioxidants, smell delicious, and are so darn pretty they are certain to make you feel like spring! This foot scrub is super-simple to make, and is best used during a relaxing bath.
- 3 large strawberries; finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. rock salt OR brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (virgin, unrefined)
- Mix it all together and smush up those strawberries.
- Transfer to a tub-safe container.
- Pop your feet out of the tub and scrub for at least a minute.
- Let the Strawberry Love set for 2-5 minutes.
- Rinse and admire your pretty feet!
Foot Scrub #3: The Happy Hippie
Bliss out with an aromatherapy foot scrub. Our fave scents are lovely lavender or relaxing rose, and we recommend making it a total aromatherapy experience!
- 1/2 tsp. lavender or rose essential oil (make your own essential oil, or of course you can also purchase some in-store or online!)
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt (amazing for removing rough skin and soothing aches)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil (virgin, unrefined)
- Handful of rose petals or lavender buds
- Combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to bath-safe container.
- Add several drops of essential oil to your bath.
- Light some homemade candles!
- Massage onto feet.
- Leave on for ten minutes.
Bring on the sexy Spring Break sandals!