You know quinoa is good for you. Did you know it also makes for a yummy, healthy breakfast?
Have you ever finished eating breakfast, and then an hour later, you’re hungry? Like, really hungry. You’re bordering on hangry. The answer is not to pour a bigger bowl of Cap’n Crunch. The truth is, most of the breakfast cereals out there are packed with sugar, artificial ingredients, and empty carbs—they’re going to fill you up, but only for like a minute. (Hence the hour later hangry-ness.)
There’s a super-easy, healthy breakfast recipe that will give you the energy you need to make it through your day.
Or at least until lunch. I mean, seriously! Check out our healthy breakfast recipe below, and start thinking outside the (cereal) box.
Yummy Healthy Breakfast Recipe:
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa (packed with protein and amino acids)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Soy, Hemp, Coconut or Nut Milk
- 1/3 cup fresh berries (packed with antioxidants, our favorite is superfood blueberries—and they’re in season!)
- 1 tsp. nut butter
- Your fave seeds or crushed up nuts
- Drizzle of honey or agave
- Shredded coconut to garnish
- A sprig of mint if you’re feeling fancy
To make your yummy, healthy breakfast:
- Put quinoa in bowl and stir in nut butter.
- Pour in soy/hemp/coconut/nut milk.
- Top with berries, seeds, agave, and coconut.
- Add sprig of mint, because pretty matters.
And, ENJOY! See ya later Cap’n.