It is so easy to make your own nourishing facemask!
Did you know you can make your own super-moisturizing, complexion-brightening, pimple-busting facemask, with things you probably already have in your kitchen? With just a few of the all-natural ingredients below, you are on your way to healthier skin. Put on your favorite headband (these things can get messy!) and let’s get glowing.
The DIY Facemask – Pick one ingredient from each category below.
Choose your base:
- Avocado: Rich in antioxidants and packed with vitamin E. Deeply hydrating, nourishing, and pore cleansing.
- Banana: Rich in potassium and vitamins, these provide deep hydration. Can also help to fade blemishes and minimize excess oil.
>>Cut in half and smush.<<
Choose your antioxidant super ingredient:
- Organic Honey: Naturally antibacterial to help fight inflammation and acne, while locking in essential moisture. Deeply cleansing and also unclogs pores.
- Coconut Oil: Repairs and nourishes the skin, helps to relieve inflammation, and can help to clear up pimples. Deeply moisturizing. (Be sure to use virgin, unrefined, organic coconut oil.)
>>Add 1.5 tbsps. to your smushed avocado or banana.<<
Choose your gentle exfoliator:
- Oatmeal: Provides oil control and gentle exfoliation, as well as nourishment and hydration. The oatmeal actually absorbs excess oil from your skin! (Great for combination skin.)
- Epsom Salt: Works for more than soothing sore muscles! A great gentle exfoliator and blackhead-fighter, while also providing moisture.
>>Add 1 tablespoon to the mix.<<
Optional: Choose your bonus ingredient! Pick one:
- Frankincense: Fights wrinkles. (Use 1-2 drops.)
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Helps to balance very oily, acne prone skin (Use 1 drop.)
- Papaya: Moisturizes, brightens, and smells delicious! (Use 1/4 of a ripe papaya, mashed.)
- Aloe Vera: Anti-inflammatory. (Use 1 tsp.)
>>Add bonus ingredient to the mix; mash and stir all until well-blended.<<
Ready to apply your homemade facemask?
- Important! First test your facemask on the inside of your arm—just in case you have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.
- Now, apply your fabulous facemask to your face.
- Allow to set for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse, massaging face gently for exfoliation.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer.
- Post a make-up free selfie because, girl, you look amazing.