There’s no better time to head to the beach to soak up some “vitamin sea” than the summer days ahead. When basking under the summer sun, it’s just as important to pamper your skin after hitting the beach as it is before. If you’re anything like us we know you can never have too much beach, so we’ve rounded up our top 5 after sun skin care tips to help keep your skin healthy and glowing.
1. Mask on. “Mask Off” was so last year (sorry, Future). This year, we’re all about “mask on.” Sheet masks, that is. After a long day at the beach, kick back and chill with a hydrating sheet mask. We love the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating 100% Hydrogel Mask with hyaluronic acid. It quenches dry skin, leaving it supple and hydrated; much needed after spending hours in the sun. Plus, it’s non-comedogenic so it won’t clog your pores.
2. Get scrubbing. When you mix in sunscreen, summer sweat and who knows what else, impurities tend to linger. But when you have a good body scrub like the Dove Exfoliating Body Polish, you can get rid of dull, dry skin and impurities fast, thanks to its magical mix of pomegranate seeds and shea butter. Unlike some sugar-based body scrubs, this one relies on hydrated silica to provide everlasting exfoliation. Oh, did we mention it’s a whopping $6?
3. Bottoms up. Let your thirsty skin drink in moisture after spending time in the sun. Juicy by Designer Skin and Hemp Nation Moisturizing Tan Extender (available at iTAN) are known to revive and lusciously hydrate skin. Because it’s packed with natural ingredients like passion fruit and hemp seed oil, Juicy and Hemp Nation will leave your skin silky smooth and provide continuous moisture for long lasting color.
4. Pucker up. After time well spent outdoors, your lips start to crave moisture, too. Buff away dead skin cells with a lip scrub like the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub (yum!), formulated with castor sugar and organic jojoba oil – essentially candy for your lips. Then, follow up with the Designer Skin Lip Smoothie SPF 15, an ultra-hydrating lip balm (available at iTAN for only $2.99), to smooth a dry pout and for everyday lip protection. Plus, it comes in yummy flavors like blue raspberry.
5. Spray and slay. If the sun isn’t your BFF due to sensitive skin, we recommend packing your beach bag with La Roche-Posay’s Thermal Spring Water. Combined with minerals and trace elements like Selenium (a powerful natural antioxidant), it’s known to soothe sensitive skin irritated by outside factors and helps prevent skin aging. You can use it as often as desired by spraying 8 to 12 inches from the face.