This week we are talking all things prom.
Haven’t picked your dress yet? Don’t stress! We’ve rounded up the hottest 2017 prom dress trends below. Don’t forget to plan ahead to build a gorgeous faux glow with several sun sessions, or if prom is like, tomorrow—try spray tanning for golden results in even just one session. Now, on to those dresses!
Top 2017 Prom Dress Trends
- Exposed shoulders: The cold shoulder is everywhere this season! Try strapless, one-shouldered, or long-sleeved with cutout shoulders to really work the trend. (Fashion experts say it won’t be around for long, so if you love it, rock it for prom!)
- Two-piece dresses: A modern take on a traditional gown… that you can easily pair with cute high-waisted jeans later! From crop top to conservative, this trend suits any style.
- Lovely lace: Romantic and feminine, with a vintage inspiration. Try black lace for mystery, pink or nude for flirty elegance. You can even combine trends!
- Asymmetrical hemlines: Short dress or long dress? If you can’t decide this year, you don’t have to. An asymmetrical, or “high/low” hemline is one of the top looks for prom.
- Pants & suits: One of the hottest 2017 prom dress trends? PANTS! #YAS #Queen Make a statement in a tailored tux. Check out these famous fashionistas for inspiration!
Not sure which trend is right for you? Remember, inspiration can come from anywhere. Your fave Instagrammer, style icon, or even Disney Princess!
Extra prom style points
Help your prom king pick out a two-tone tux.